Bloating, gas, and constipation can have a variety of causes, but some of the most common root causes include:
- Poor diet: Eating a diet high in processed foods, unhealthy fats, and low in fiber can lead to digestive issues like bloating, gas, and constipation.
- Dehydration: Not drinking enough water can cause stool to become hard and difficult to pass, leading to constipation.
- Inactivity: A sedentary lifestyle can slow down the digestive system and contribute to constipation and bloating.
- Food intolerances: Some people are intolerant to certain foods, such as lactose or gluten, which can cause bloating, gas, and constipation.
- Stress: High levels of stress can affect digestion by altering the balance of hormones and neurotransmitters in the gut.
- Medications: Some medications, including certain painkillers, antidepressants, and antacids, can cause constipation and other digestive issues.
- Medical conditions: Some medical conditions, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease, or celiac disease, can cause bloating, gas, and constipation.